The Talent Development Fund supports filmmakers to develop their career. The New Zealand Film Commission can fund individuals and businesses who wish to develop their talent.
What they fund
Help to cover the costs of a professional development opportunity.
We offer a grant of up to $5,000 for an individual to cover costs of:
- Attending a workshop
- Being mentored through a mentorship
- Other professional development opportunities
- We offer a grant of up to $50,000 for a business to contribute towards a talent development initiative.
You can apply many times if necessary, but you cannot receive more than the maximum amount within a 12-month period.
Who can apply
Filmmakers and screen practitioners who:
- Are working towards feature films
- Have at least three years experience in the industry
- Are New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Industry organisations that have:
A track record in delivering training opportunities in New Zealand
Another funding provider
Not received previous support for guild funding, diversity, or strategic training.
How to apply
Please download the cover sheet application form below and send with your supporting material (preferably in a single PDF) to email@example.com.
Applications can be made at any time – although there are quarterly allocations of funds, so funding may not be available until the next quarter. Applications will take up to ten days to be considered.
What you need
Completed application cover sheet
A personal statement outlining how the opportunity/initiative will develop your skills and career
Career strategy outlining how this opportunity contributes towards your plans
Description of the specific opportunity
Confirmation that you have been accepted to take part (if applicable)