Aaron Falvey is an award-winning director and producer based in Blenheim. He’s been passionate about filmmaking since the age of 9 when his friend’s parents bought a handy-cam. They spent their weekends making short home movies and since then it has inspired Aaron to become a film director.
Aaron has been involved in numerous short film productions as both Director and Producer, his most recent films include ‘Death Round Every Bend’ (2019) ‘Ascendance’ (2018), ‘Father Between’ (2017) and ‘The Flame’ (2015). Both ‘The Flame’ and ‘Ascendance’ have won international ‘Best Film’ awards. Aaron also directed his first feature film, ‘Northspur‘ filmed in November 2019 and due to be released in late 2020.
Aaron is the ex-President and Co-Founder of the Top of the South Film Production Society as well as the co-founder of the Top of the South Film Festival.
- Record entries make Top of the South Film Festival ‘biggest yet’
- Kōkako short film looking for actors after winning NZ Film Commission funding
- Marlborough movie hub rejected as council votes for capital funding plan
- Director Toolkit Workshops Confirmed for Region
- Talent Development Funding for Filmmakers
- Motueka film producer over the moon after council comes to the party
- Submissions have Closed!
- Look Who’s Talking: Top of the South Film Festival Director Phil McKinnon
- Shooting a TVNZ “New Blood” Webisode Pilot
- Film writer needs young star for pivotal role